An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is required by law in order to sell the freehold or lease of your commercial premises. The certificate shows how energy efficient the property is, providing potential buyers/renters with an idea of how much they would be spending on energy bills before making a serious commitment.
Landlord SOS Ltd is licensed to issue Energy Performance Certificates for Domestic properties. (A) been the most efficient and (G) ben the least efficient, EPCs record how energy efficient a property is you are required to have an EPC when you build a property or sold or renting it out. They are valid for 10 years. A EPC must be presented to any prospective buyer before selling a property, ignoring this can result in penalties between £500 -£5000 based on estimated value of your building. By law an EPC becomes compulsory and therefore we offer this service where are very efficient and qualified energy inspectors do all they can to make your experience smooth.
Our qualified engineers carry a licence that allows them to carry out these surveys.
Do I need an EPC for my Property?
An EPC is required if:
– you sell the freehold or leasehold of your commercial premises.
– your building under construction is finished.
– there are changes to parts used for separate occupation and these changes involve providing or extending a HVAC* system.
An EPC is not required if the building is any of these:
– listed or officially protected and the minimum energy performance requirements would unacceptably alter it.
– a temporary building only going to be used for 2 years or less.
– used as a place of worship or for other religious activities.
– an industrial site, workshop or non-residential agricultural building that doesn’t use much energy.
– a detached building with a total floor space under 50 sq m.
– due to be demolished by the seller or landlord and they have all the relevant planning and conservation consents.
*HVAC = Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. ^Source = www.gov.uk
Our team providing safety solutions to commercial and domestic Landlords and property owners by carefully inspecting.
Work Done on Time
We aim to provide you with the necessary certification within 24 working hours. Subject to your checks have successfully met the legal and standards required.